[petsc-dev] Problem with latest "petsc-dev" change

Carl Ponder CPonder at NVidia.Com
Wed Nov 3 18:40:22 CDT 2010

*On 11/03/2010 06:31 PM, Satish Balay wrote:*

>     Perhaps we are misinterpriting the errors from the snippets sent
>     earlier. Please send the complete logs [configure.log and
>     make.log] to petsc-maint so that we can diagnose the issue properly.

Satish -- I'll do that -- but could you confirm that I'm really running
the right sequence of commands? That's usually the problem when I have
configuration issues.

    hg clone http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev
    cd petsc-dev/config
    hg clone http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/BuildSystem
    cd ..
    export PETSC_ARCH=arch-linux-gnu-c-debug
    export PETSC_DIR=$PWD
    ./configure --with-cc=mpicc --with-fc=mpif90
    --download-f-blas-lapack=1 --download-hdf5=1
    --prefix=$PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH
    ./$PETSC_ARCH/conf/reconfigure-$PETSC_ARCH.py
    make PETSC_DIR=$PWD PETSC_ARCH=arch-linux-gnu-c-debug all
    make PETSC_DIR=$PWD PETSC_ARCH=arch-linux-gnu-c-debug install
    cd ..

I've tried some variations but am not seeing any difference. For
example, do I need to run bothconfigure andreconfigure?
Thanks,

                  Carl Ponder