[petsc-dev] Problem with latest "petsc-dev" change

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 3 18:31:52 CDT 2010

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Carl Ponder wrote:

> *On 11/03/2010 06:07 PM, Satish Balay wrote:*
> >
> >     You have some contradictory statements here:
> >
> >     " Note that while I pulled BuildSystem,"
> >     " although I'm skipping the steps"
> >     " hg pull -u"
> >
> >     How did you pull BuildSystem - if not with 'hg pull -u'? [same
> >     with petsc-dev]
> >     [I'm assuming you've done 'hg clone' a few days ago - not today]
> >

> I did thehg clone this afternoon. When I do apull -u immediately after
> cloning, it looks like it doesn't do anything. Should it?

You are right. you don't need a pull immediately after a clone.  [and
if both petsc-dev and BuildSystem are cloned at the same time - they
should be in sync with each other]

But if you need to resync anytime after cloning - you have to do the
'pull -u' on both repos, at the same time - so that they are again in
sync with each other.

Perhaps we are misinterpriting the errors from the snippets sent
earlier.  Please send the complete logs [configure.log and make.log]
to petsc-maint so that we can diagnose the issue properly.

Satish