[petsc-dev] Petsc-dev compilation: error because of underscore.

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 26 19:22:40 CST 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Vijay S. Mahadevan wrote:

> I do not have mercurial installed on my cluster and do not have the
> priveleges to do so now. I used the tarball for petsc-dev from the
> link in the site. Just do let me know if the tarball will contain this
> update. Or if it is not too much trouble, I would appreciate it if you
> can send me a patch.
>
> Either way, do let me know which option will work for my situation. Thanks.

the fixes are pushed now

As Barry mentioned - if you'd like to use mercurial - you can install
it in your filespace.

And if you are using 'nightly distribution tarball' - it gets updated
every night. [so you'll have to wait for that].

And if you are obtaining 'repository tarballs from mercurial server' -
they will have all the current changes [the tarballs are autogenerated
from the repository - when the url is accessed]

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/developers/index.html

And if you want to just get the patches - apply the following 2 patches [in order]
http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/raw-rev/cd154f2fd487
http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/rev/c2d0fd8c54f7

Satish