[Facets-devel] PETSC ERROR

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 4 15:37:29 CDT 2009

Barry/Matt,

Should we make optfile in PetscIntialize(optfile) optional?

Current code is:

PetscIntialize("file") -> PetscOptionsInsert(optfile) ->
PetscOptionsInsertFile(optfile,PETSC_TRUE)

i.e it gives error if the "optfile" is not found.

Should the code be changed to use:
PetscOptionsInsertFile(optfile,PETSC_FALSE)?

Alternatives would be to expose the flag - a bit higher [i.e use
PetscOptionsInsert(file,flg)] or expose it further up to
PetscIntialize(optfile,flg). But changing PetscIntialize() might not
be desireable.

I'm inclined to use:
PetscIntialize("file") -> PetscOptionsInsert(optfile,PETSC_FALSE) ->
PetscOptionsInsertFile(optfile,flg)

Satish