performance issue

Jim Edwards jedwards at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 4 08:49:59 CDT 2023

I am using ncmpi_iput_varn and ncmpi_wait_all to write output from my
model.   I have a test program that does nothing but test the
performance of the write operation.   Attached is a plot of performance in
the model and in the standalone application.   I'm looking for
clues as to why the model performance is scaling so badly with the number
of variables but the standalone program performance is fine.

--
Jim Edwards

CESM Software Engineer
Boulder, CO