Error in MPI_File_open

Aroma Mahendru aroma.mahendru.ece10 at iitbhu.ac.in
Wed Jun 26 14:16:18 CDT 2013

Hi

I have complied parallel-netcdf-1.3.1 both on my ubuntu machine as well as
my account on the lab cluster.

I used :
./configure --with-mpi=/path/to/mpi --disable-fortran
--prefix=/path/to/pnetcdf
make
make install

Installation completed without any errors.
To check I compiled examples in  /path/to/pnetcdf/examples/tutorial using
make.
Then,I tried running the executable :

 ./pnetcdf-write-standard abc.nc

It generated the file abc.nc and I can read it using ncmpidump.
But when I did the same on my account on the lab sever, it gave the
following error :

 0: MPI_File_open : MPI_ERR_OTHER: known error not in list
Error at line 60: Can not open/create file
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

I cannot figure out why it is working on my machine but on on my lab
account on the cluster.
Thank you for helping.

Aroma