error in nonblocking.c?

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 15 13:44:57 CST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:34:51AM -0700, Jim Edwards wrote:
> On Cray systems the MPI constant MPI_REQUEST_NULL resolves to 738197504
> but passing this value into nonblocking.c results in an error:
>
> Error: no such request ID = 738197504
>

> I think that this is an error in parallel-netcdf ncmpii_wait.
>
> On the ibm aix system MPI_REQUEST_NULL resolves to -1 and nonblocking.c
> seems to handle it correctly.

Are you talking about wait?

int
ncmpi_wait_all(int  ncid,
               int  num_reqs, /* number of requests */
               int *req_ids,  /* [num_reqs] */
               int *statuses) /* [num_reqs] */

      integer         nfmpi_wait
!                         (integer            ncid,
!                          integer            count,
!                          integer            req(1),
!                          integer            status(l))

and in f90
    INTEGER        FUNCTION nfmpi_wait_all(ncid, count, req, status)
                            INTEGER,                       INTENT(IN)  :: ncid
                            INTEGER,                       INTENT(IN)  :: count
                            INTEGER,                       INTENT(IN)  :: req(count)
                            INTEGER,                       INTENT(IN)  :: status(count)
    END FUNCTION   nfmpi_wait_all

Is this a problem of passing a singleton request when an array of requests is
expected?

Argonne National Lab, IL USA