test release: parallel-netcdf 1.3.0pre1

Jim Edwards jedwards at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 23 16:38:06 CDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Rob Latham <robl at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 03:07:33PM -0600, Jim Edwards wrote:
> > Oh - and just to confirm - the async capabilities of pnetcdf (eg
> > nfmpi_iput_ ) are not supported
> > on BGL and BGP - how about BGQ?
>
> Sure, let's clarify a bit.  The interface should be supported: IBM's
> MPI supports the necessary MPI-2 features.   The API allows you to
> describe multiple operations, then when you wait for completion those
> operations will get stitched together into one bigger more efficient
> request.
>
> I do mean non-blocking and when I build on frost I get the following
message:

checking if MPI_Offset is size 8... yes
checking if MPI_Aint is size 8... no
checking if MPI_Aint is size 4... yes
checking for MPI_Info_dup... yes
checking for MPI_Info_free... yes
checking for MPI_Get_address... yes
checking for MPI_Request_get_status... yes
checking for MPI_Type_dup... yes
configure: WARNING: MPI_Offset and MPI_Aint have different sizes: unable to
support non-blocking routines

--
Jim Edwards

CESM Software Engineering Group