problem to install parallel netcdf

Florent Marceteau florent.marceteau at ird.fr
Mon Jun 7 07:16:42 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to install netcdf on my computer (Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit). And
I have a problem when I do the ./configure

The end of the error message is this one :

checking if Fortran "doubleprecision" is C "double"... yes
checking for Fortran-equivalent to netCDF "byte"... byte
checking for Fortran-equivalent to netCDF "short"... integer*2
checking for Fortran "integer*8"... no
configure: error: F77 does not support "integer*8"

I use openmpi and I work in C++ so I don't really need fortran. I tried
to use autoconf, but the result was the same.

Thank you for your attention,

Florent Marceteau