[Nek5000-users] How to give NEK5000 boundary conditions to exodus mesh file

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 31 07:52:40 CDT 2018

I specify the boundary conditions in the usrdat subroutine using the following piece of code

      do i=1,nelt
        do j=1,2*ndim
          if(bc(5,j,i,1).eq.1) then
            cbc(j,i,1)='mv  '
          elseif(bc(5,j,i,1).eq.2) then
            cbc(j,i,1)='W  '
          elseif(bc(5,j,i,1).eq.3) then
            cbc(j,i,1)='W  '
          elseif(bc(5,j,i,1).eq.4) then
            cbc(j,i,1)='W  '
          else
            cbc(j,i,1)='E  '
          endif
        enddo
      enddo

Marco

On May 31, 2018, at 8:50 AM, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov<mailto:nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

Hi Neks,

I did the conversion of a mesh from ICEM to exodus file then to re2 file.

But I am bit confused on the boundary conditions. Because from ICEM before I export to exodus I give the B.Cs as side set numbers and after the conversion to re2 I wont be able to put the boundary conditions in NEK format.

So could you please tell me how you put the BC in NEK5000 format to a mesh file with exodus format.

Thank you