[Nek5000-users] LES Application to Natural Circulation Problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 17 08:07:16 CDT 2018

Nek5000 implements two regularization methods (filtering = explicit or hpfRT) which you can apply in a DNS _and_ LES context. In the LES context you can think of it like a SGS model stabilizing the under-resolved computation. There is a turbChannel example you can experiment with.

Note, we found that classical Smagorinsky cannot challenge the simple use of regularization while filtered/VMS Smagorinsky versions (not avaiable yet) perform similiar.

Cheers,
Stefan