[Nek5000-users] LES Application to Natural Circulation Problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 16 17:49:52 CDT 2018

Good afternoon Nek5000,

Where can I find more information or an example on Nek's LES model and how to properly make use of its capabilities.  Am I correct in understanding the method used for solving the periodic hill example uses DNS?

I have modified the periodic hill example to make my natural circulation problem and want to use of the LES dynamic Smagorinsky model to reduce the simulation's computational cost.  Specifically my questions are, which parameters are needed and what guidelines are to be used when inputting these parameters?
extrapolation = OIFS?
filtering = none
filterWeight = ?
filterCutoffRatio = 0.9 vs 0.65