[Nek5000-users] Regarding generation of circular mesh using genbox

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 13 10:14:52 CDT 2018

Hello everyone,

                        My aim is to obtain a circular mesh with radius
equal to 50.0 and centered at (0,0). I used the following in my
input.genbox file :

input.rea
2
2
0.0 0.0              xctr yctr
-100 -50           nel_r, nel_theta
0.0 50.0 1.0      r0 rn ratio
0.0 360.0 1.0    @0 @n ratio
v  ,O                  Velocity BC's (here, only at r0 and rn)

By this specification, i think we need to provide BC's at the point
(0,0) and at the circular ring of radius 50. I want to specify ux=uy=0
at origin and outflow bc at the periphery of the circle.

I get the following in the box.tmp file :

v ,O Velocity BC's (here, only at r0 and rn)

My userbc subroutine is as follows :

subroutine userbc (ix,iy,iz,iside,ieg)
include 'SIZE'
include 'TOTAL'
include 'NEKUSE'

ux=0.0
uy=0.0
uz=0.0
temp=0.

return
end

My code runs into an error (screenshot is attachted). Can somebody point
out where is the issue.

Thanks.

Rohan