[Nek5000-users] Outflow Boundary Condition Clarification

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 2 14:19:54 CST 2018

Attached is a .usr with turb_outflow that works for this case---there is

no difficulty if you use the prescribed input values, as shown in the attached

files.

Here is a movie of the result - you can see that turb_outflow is turned on prior to the jet reaching the top of the domain.

http://mcs.anl.gov/~obabko/jet_vm.mpeg

This mesh is a bit under-resolved in the z-direction.

The files for a new case, with more axial resolution, are posted here

www.mcs.anl.gov/~fischer/jet2.tgz<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~fischer/jet2.tgz>

I'll be posting an example with a script on how to build this geometry to nekexamples soon.

Paul