[Nek5000-users] Channel Flow 1D/2D energy spectra

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 19 00:54:41 CDT 2018

Hi Nek Users,

I am a new user to Nek5000 and I have been playing around with the channel
flow example. I have set up an example similar to Kim and Moin. The mean
velocity profile seems to agree quite well so I have set up the initial
case correctly.  Now, my goal is to try and recreate the energy spectra as
in the paper above. I am confused as to the best way to go about this,
would it be best to obtain output files then do the post processing outside
of Nek or can it be done inside Nek as well?

My ultimate goal is to be able to cut off some of the higher energy modes
and transform it back and feed it at the start of the simulation. Any
advice on this would be appreciated as I have been struggling as to how I
should proceed in Nek5000.

Thanks in advance,
David