[Nek5000-users] Channel Flow 1D/2D energy spectra

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 19 11:42:55 CDT 2018

Hi,
For most cases, we typically do all these things (statistics, spectra,
budgets) outside of Nek5000, on simpler meshes (equidistant or polar
meshes for instance). For instance in our paper on pipe flow, we show
exactly those 1D and 2D energy spectra.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10494-013-9482-8

For your purpose however, I would suggest some physical space filter
with specific transfer function. That might be the easiest way.

Best regards,
Philipp