[Nek5000-users] Average Nusselt over a wall

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 10 14:09:09 CDT 2018

Hi Neks,

I'm running some differentially heated cavity simulations and want to
output the average Nusselt over a wall on each output timestep.

Right now I'm calculating the temperature gradient like this:

common /grad_t/ dTx(lt), dTy(lt), dTz(lt)
parameter (lt=lx1*ly1*lz1*lelv)
if(mod(istep,iostep).eq.0) then
call gradm1(dTx,dTy,dTz,t)
call dsavg(dTx)
call dsavg(dTy)
call dsavg(dTz)
call outpost(dTx,dTy,dTz,pr,t,'grd')
endif

I would appreciate any suggestion to implement a way to calculate and dump
the average Nusselt (-dT/dy) between dumps at each iostep time. Part of the
motivation is save disk space by avoiding the  call outpost of each field
and then post processing the data.

Regards,

*Nicolás*