[Nek5000-users] Calculate Velocity Fluctuation Fields

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 10 14:42:40 CDT 2018

Hi Neks,

I have read many entries in the archives regarding the way to calculate
instantaneous fluctuations in velocity field, but I'm still unsure of the
last steps to archive this.

I understand that this is the workflow:

1) Running a case and call avg_all in usrchk() to get avg (<u_i>), rms
(<u_i*u_i>) and rm2 (<u_i*u_j>) files.

2) Create a file with .list extension to load in post-processing mode these
results with this format:

-------------------------
<number of files>
avg***0.f00001
avg***0.f00002
.
.
.

3) Set NSTEPS = 0 to enable post-processing mode.

4)  Load in usrchk() the avg_all files with 'load_fld'.

5) Calculate u_i' = u_i - <u_i>

6) Output the fluctuation fields
call outpost(vx',vy',vz',pr,t,'***')

How should I perform the 4th and 5th steps?

Best regards,

*Nicolás*