[Nek5000-users] Finite-amplitude disturbance based on os7000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 27 10:34:51 CDT 2018

Dear all,

First of all, thank you a lot for your help and feedback. The amplitude of ux’  in my case is 1.82E-1 which is superimposed on the base flow u = 1 – y**2 along with uy’ (this setting is identical to the literature paper). An order of BDF 3 is employed. Polynomial order is 8 with 4 elements in streamwise direction and 12 elements in the wall-normal direction. 1 wave length is simulated in the channel.

The default setting of os7000 was what I started. I have also tried to increase the spatial resolution, and reduce the time steps (dt = 0.05, 0.01, 0.005). However, it did not really change anything.  The distortion is less obvious if the magnitude of perturbation is decreased and totally disappears if it is as small as 1.82E-3.

Again, thank you a lot for the help and I will further explore the parameters and see what I can find.

Regards,

Emily