[Nek5000-users] Interpolation between two meshes

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 26 23:37:46 CDT 2017

Dear Neks,

I have been using 'g2gi' to do interpolation between different meshes. Recently, I have noticed that when I interpolate between two big meshes (say 300000 elements in each mesh), the interpolation hangs at 'call findpts' and never moves on. I tried increasing number of processors and changing 'lpart', but none of these worked.

I'm wondering what could cause the interpolation to hang at 'findpts'. Has anyone encountered similar issue?

Hope anyone could give me some advice. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Tony