[Nek5000-users] nelgv in uservp of conj_ht

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 24 09:33:48 CST 2017

Hi Sandeep,

The temperature should be continuous if everything is working correctly.

One way things can go wrong is if the initial temperature is not continuous, because subsequent
fields are computed as updates of the original.   All corrections are continuous:

    T^n = T^n-1  + dT

dT is continuous.   T^n will be continuous only if T^n-1 is continuous.   useric() generally ensures
continuity of temperature and velocity via the dsavg operation before the start of the calculation.

Even if the user prescribes a discontinuous initial condition, useric() invokes dsavg to force continuity.

How do you know that the function is discontinuous ?

Paul