[Nek5000-users] nelgv in uservp of conj_ht

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 24 08:27:57 CST 2017

Hello All,
I have a question in uservp of conjugate heat transfer. I am trying to
modify the conjugate heat transfer problem (with additional passive
scalars) and use for solving MHD problem with vector potential approach.

I tested the conjugate heat transfer case changing the IF condition in
uservp in following ways.

Case 1:
        if (ieg .gt. nelgv) then  ! properties in the solid
            udiff   = 0.1*param(8) ! conductivity
            utrans  = 1.0
         endif

Case 2:
if (y .ge. 1.5D0) then
udiff= 0.1*param(8)
elseif (y. le. 0.5D0) then
udiff= 0.1*param(8)
else
udiff   = param(8)
endif

I got a small difference in the temperature profile at the interface
between solid and fluid.
Could you please let me know, how do the above two cases affect the
conditions imposed at the interface (what is the mathematical treatment and
how does it change).
Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Sandeep