[Nek5000-users] Using mshconvert With Curves

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 10 10:44:02 CDT 2017

Dear Nicolas,

thank you for your reply. We tested the python script on different meshes to get familiar with it before diving into our working mesh. We can generate a rea file with velocity and temperature boundary conditions fine. However, whenever we try to use the curved side option we get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "makemesh.py", line 6, in <module>
    convert('Single-Pitch-Mesh.msh',curves={13:{'type': 'm'},14:{'type': 'm'},15:{'type': 'm'}},bcs={13:'W',14:'W',15:'W',16:'O',17:'v'})
  File "/Users/v9g/Documents/Nek5000/mshconvert.py", line 1525, in convert
    read_curved_sides(curves)
  File "/Users/v9g/Documents/Nek5000/mshconvert.py", line 751, in read_curved_sides
    cell_face_m.append((cell, face_map[cell][(nds[0], nds[1])], face_number))
KeyError: (20355, 20211)

I am not sure how to proceed next, besides digging in the source code and try to resolve this error. We are currently trying to debug on a simpler geometry with curved boundaries, but we would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Marco