[Nek5000-users] Inconsistent Periodic BC in Prenek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 9 21:36:13 CDT 2017

Hi Saikat,

If you're doing this in prenek then the likelihood of having the periodic bcs retain correct
numbering is very low.

I would suggest to build the mesh in genbox and you can then prescribe the BCs
(along with precise coordinates of the array of elements).

Otherwise, the standard procedure is to edit the .rea file and replace " P " with "   " (3 blanks),
then go into prenek and when it prompts for BCs click:

SET ENTIRE LEVEL
PERIODIC AUTO

.... which should produce what you need.

Paul