[Nek5000-users] How to read velocity time history files in turbChannel

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 9 18:55:57 CDT 2017

Hi all,

I modified the case turbChannel into turbulent boundary flow, of which the inflow boundary condition is 'v  ' and the outflow boundary condition is 'O  '. For the inflow boundary condition, I wonder can I get it from velocity time history files, just similar to the restart case that gets initial condition from defined file? I tryied a lot, and find for parallel computing the subroutine userbc is invoked randomly. The major subroutine function for inflow boundary may be subroutine faceiv (cb,v1,v2,v3,iel,iface,nx,ny,nz). I have no idea how to deal with it from time history files. Can anybody help me or give me a simple example?

Best regards!

Hu