[Nek5000-users] Inconsistent Periodic BC in Prenek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 9 17:39:20 CDT 2017

Hello Neks,

I am making a rectangular domain with two sides periodic and 2 sides
no-slip. I am having problems after the global refine. If I refine my
domain to 48 elements, it's fine, but if I refine it to 192 elements (which
is better, with a grid size =1 ), it returns "Inconsistent Periodic BCs"
and "Reset el/face1". As a result the "genmap" does not work due to
Periodic Mismatch.

Please note that there is no problems if no. of elements = 48. I don't
understand what the problem is. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Saikat

Saikat Mukherjee,
PhD Student,
Paul Research Group - http://www.me.vt.edu/mpaul/