[Nek5000-users] linear stability tool

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 15 02:49:02 CDT 2016

Hi Neks,

I'm trying to use the linear stability tool of Nek5000.

To start with, I am trying to run the ext_cyl example. However, I have
found the following problem:

ERROR: arnoldi assumes constant base flow.

I have found on the README tutorial that the base flow has to be
specified on the .rea file. I have included a file in the
PRESOLVE/RESTART option, however I still have the same error.

What should I modify?

Finally, I have also used a subroutine defined in the .usr file that
reads the file containing the base flow. However, the error persist...

Could you help me, please?

Cheers
SL