[Nek5000-users] LES and heat transfer model

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 15 01:35:39 CDT 2016

 Hi Neks,

we are students of second year and we a trying to learn nek5000 for different simulations. We have already studied DNS and LES, dynamic Smagorinsky model and noticed that LES and DNS results for velocity were very closed. Then we added a heat transfer with a constant wall-temp and saw that temperature's profiles from LES and DNS are very different (also theta-theta rms).

We decided to write a model for temperature, like Smagorinsky model for viscosity, but don't have enough information about it and how to add model in the code. Could you help us?

Thank you very much,
VV