[Nek5000-users] Post processing mode

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 1 16:50:38 CST 2016

Hi neks,
can someone tell me step by step how can i set Nek5000 in
post-processing mode? I read something about it into the mailing list
archive, but nothing that explain step by step what i have to do.
I have done the following step:

-create a file, named file.list where in the first row i have to write
the total number analyzed. In the following rows i have to write the
file's output name, since the first to the last,

- now, i read i have to set in .rea file the parameter related to Nstep
equal 0 (param p011), i have to fix P010,P14 and P15 equal 0 too?

I find out this post in your mailing list archive and i added it in my
usercheck subroutine, but everytime i have errors in compilation!

SUBROUTINE USERCHK
      INCLUDE 'SIZE'
      INCLUDE 'TOTAL'
      INCLUDE 'RESTART'

      character*80 filename(9999)

      ntot   = nx1*ny1*nz1*nelv

      ifreguo = .true.   ! dump on regular (uniform) grid instead of GLL
      nrg     = 16       ! dimension of regular grid (nrg**ndim)

      ! read file-list
      if (nid.eq.0) then
         open(unit=199,file='file.list',form='formatted',status='old')
         read(199,*) nfiles
         read(199,'(A80)') (filename(i),i=1,nfiles)
         close(199)
      endif
      call bcast(nfiles,isize)
      call bcast(filename,nfiles*80)

      do i = 1,nfiles
         call load_fld(filename(i))

         ! do something
         ! note: make sure you save the result into arrays which are
         !       dumped by prepost() e.g. T(nx1,ny1,nz1,nelt,ldimt)

         ! dump results into file
         call prepost(.true.,'his')
      enddo

      ! we're done
      call exitt

Ifreguo is a logical switch to have a grid without elemnts?Only knots?

Thanks to everyone.