[Nek5000-users] Extract 2d output file for 3d data

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 21 14:47:18 CDT 2016

I am trying to extract the bottom plane data from a 3d run. I saw from a previous thread (Writing 2d output files for 3d data<https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/nek5000-users/2013-June/002176.html>) that Paul suggested to use z_slice_g() and outfld2d() routines to extract and output a 2d cut from the 3d domain.

I am however new to Nek5000 and have not been able to successfully use the above 2 routines.

Can someone point me to an example where these 2 routines are used?

Thanks,

Nadim

Nadim Zgheib
Post Doctoral Associate