[Nek5000-users] avg_all and visnek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 22 13:04:50 CDT 2016

All,

I am using the built-in function avg_all() to save the time-average values in my simulation and run in the following error message when trying to open the ‘avg’ output files in Visit:
'The first time step in a Nek file must contain a mesh’.
I can visualize the other output files just fine with Visit, i.e. inlet3d0.f000* where inlet3d in the case name.

Is there a flag or input parameters in the rea file that I am supposed to change in order to dump the mesh data in the avg output files?

Thanks,
marco