[Nek5000-users] Free surface running

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 19 20:54:12 CDT 2016

Dear Nekers,

I’m running the example of 2D free surface (fs_2).
The domain is rectangular, with boundary conditions of ‘P’,’P’,’W’,’MS’ on the left, right, bottom and top boundaries.
When I initialize a flow, say ux=1, uy=0, the left and right boundaries of the domain are tilted to the right due to the rightward flow.
So, I was wondering if there is an option that only allows the top boundary moving while keeping the left and right boundaries stationary. (The b.c. of ‘P’ ‘P’ ‘W’ are still wanted on the left, right and bottom boundaries.)
Any suggestion on this?

Thank you,
Peng