[Nek5000-users] problems in compiling the code for parallel run

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 13 15:27:38 CDT 2016

Hello Users,

I have Redhat linux workstation, I have already compiled code with nekb by making changes in makenek file, but now I want to run it parallel. At first when I compiled it by making F77 = mpif77 and cc= mpicc and commenting IFMPI ="false" I got errors that mpi not found than I installed openmpi

Now when I compile using makenek it gets compiled successfully but when I try to run it using nekbmpi i get errors like

mv: cannot stat `eddy_uv.sch': No such file or directory
and sometimes if i do ./nekbmpi eddy_uv 4 it and put enter i get no errors on first time but if i enter again for second time I get same error that is mv: cannot stat `eddy_uv.sch': No such file or directory
I want to understand what mistake I am doing and what should I do to get rid of errors and also which file can help me to see whats going on in simulation

Thanks,
Mansi Patel