[Nek5000-users] Access to an undefined portion of a memory object.

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 13 11:51:03 CDT 2016

Paul,

thanks for you reply. It did solve the problem.

I was running on one processor for debugging purposes only.

Marco
On Jul 13, 2016, at 12:10 PM, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov<mailto:nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

Hi Marco,

It looks to me like you're trying to overwrite a constant in interp_vt().

I see the following:

      call interp_vt(ih_rbc,uvwt,xyz,npts,.false.) ! interpolation

      :

      :

      :

      subroutine interp_vt(ihandle,uvwt,xyz,n,iftmp)

      :

      :

      iftmp = .false.   ! no temperature

which is trying to overwrite ".false." ... ?

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Also, I see in your SIZE file that lelt=10000.   Are you running only on one processor?
If the number of elements in your .rea file is ~10,000 and you are running on (say) 1024
MPI ranks, then you only need lelt=10.    Resetting lelt and lelv in this way would result
in a significant reduction in memory footprint and possible increase in performance.

Best, Paul

I have a subroutine that interpolates the velocity for a list of points and have a strange error message when I try to run it. It seems that the variables ‘nx1’, ‘ny1’ and nz1’ are not defined even though ‘SIZE’ is included in the subroutine. As far I understand, the variables ‘nx1’, ‘ny1’ and 'nz1’ are made available in a subroutine by simply including ‘SIZE’ at the beginning. I attached the case to reproduce the error message that is:

Access to an undefined portion of a memory object.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marco