[Nek5000-users] problems in compiling the code for parallel run

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 14 07:20:10 CDT 2016

Hi Mansi,

I suspect that you can safely ignore the error.  The error probably comes
from line 7 of the "nekbmpi" script:
mv $1.sch $1.sch1
This command is intended to move the .sch file from a previous run, in case
there's one in your directory. If this is your first run, there will be no
.sch file in your directory, and the "mv" command will give the error you
saw. So it probably doesn't indicate a problem.

Best,
Ron Rahaman

Argonne National Laboratory, Math and Computer Science Division
University of Chicago, Department of Computer Science