[Nek5000-users] Genbox periodic simple case

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 6 01:50:09 CST 2016

Hi JP,

I had a similar issue with genbox when I wanted to create a simple mesh
where periodic BCs are shared between different boxes. I haven't tested
Paul's suggestion yet but I wrote a genbox inspired python script that
did the job in my case.

You can find it here: https://github.com/Steffen1989/code-snippets
(genbox.py)
The Input is very similar to genbox but you can specify a periodic BC
shared between two boxes with P01, a second one with P02, ... and the
same with internal BCs, i.e. E01, E02, ...

This can create a 2d mesh, which is afterwards extruded with n2to3 in
the third direction.

Note that it has not been tested thoroughly but you are welcome to give
it a try and contact me if you run into troubles.

\Steffen