[Nek5000-users] Output data format and VisIt issue

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 15 14:16:28 CDT 2015

Dear Neks,

Recently I've been playing with VisIt and it seems there is still problem reading nek5000 output data in 8-byte format. VisIt reads 4-byte output data successfully but not 8-byte. Is it essential to output data in 4-byte format if I want to use VisIt (ParaView actually can handle both data format well)?

Also, in terms of continuing simulations, would 4-byte precision affect the restarting condition?

Hope anyone can help. Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Tony