[Nek5000-users] Error trying to visualize results in VisIt for Eddy_UV example

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 18 00:23:53 CST 2015

Hi,

I am a new user and I am just getting started with the examples in the Nek guide. I tried using VisIt to visualize results for Eddy_UV example but I get this error:

VisIt could not read from the file "/Users/K10/eddy/vis.nek3d".

The generated error message was:

There was an error opening /Users/K10/eddy/vis.nek3d. It may be an invalid file. VisIt tried using the following file format readers to open the file: Nek5000, Silo

The following error(s) may be helpful in identifying the problem:

There was an error opening the file: When attempting to use "Nek", the file matched the general format expected by the reader but eventually encountered this error: "The first time step in a Nek file must contain a mesh".

Could you please tell me why this might be happening?

Ketan Mittal