[Nek5000-users] question about efficient running nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 10 19:56:55 CST 2015

Hi,

I have tried running on 11 cores per node and increased the number of cores
and it went faster ~2-3 percent than the one that I used 12 cores per node
with the same total cores, however it is still slower than the one that I
used 8 cores per nodes and less number of nodes!!
So it seems with increasing number of nodes, I get the better efficiency,
not much matter of how many cores per node I use!! Is this an issue of
memory allocation?!!

Thanks,
Ami