[Nek5000-users] question about efficient running nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 4 13:33:21 CST 2015

Ok, that gives 31k and 27k.  Those numbers are in a questionable region; you can see some scaling results for channel flow here:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~fischer/nek5000/sprague_nek5000_dec2010.pdf

We found great scaling for 50k or greater gridpoints per core.

I would be interested to know if the power-of-two issue is at fault here.

Mike

On Feb 4, 2015, at 12:26 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov<mailto:nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov>>