[Nek5000-users] Stress formulation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 4 20:37:58 CST 2015

Hi Andrew,

I checked into this... I think what is happening is that the 'O  ' bc for the stress formulation
means stress-free, which is not guaranteed to yield  a parabolic profile at the outlet.

If you increase your Reynolds number I'm guessing that you'll recover the parabolic
profile because the viscous stresses will diminish -- this is what I observed.

>From my perspective, the outlet boundary is not a region where I would count on accurate
physics --- it is, after all, a truncated domain, so I don't generally worry too much about
the behavior there.

Paul