[Nek5000-users] find a point

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 2 08:10:38 CST 2015

Here you go:

h Š handle to use generated by findpts_setup
stride Š used to increment the pointer to the next grid point (e.g.
proc_stride = 1, x_stride = mdim)
r_base Š stores the coordinates in rst-space (needed for interpolation)

There are no global variables. All MPI_ranks have to call findpts().However
in your case only one MPI_rank (it is your choice and can be completely
arbitrary) will do the call with npt = 1, all others will use npt = 0. It
does not matter if this point is located on that MPI_rank or not!

Cheers,
Stefan