[Nek5000-users] find a point

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 1 17:14:00 CST 2015

Thanks for your answers!
I think I found the routine that is right for me:

call findpts(h, code_base,  code_stride,
                  proc_base,  proc_stride,
                    el_base,    el_stride,
                     r_base,     r_stride,
                 dist2_base, dist2_stride,
                     x_base,     x_stride,
                     y_base,     y_stride,
                     z_base,     z_stride, npt)

nevertheless I didn't understand the meaning of some variables. I think
that I can set the *_stride parameters equal to 1 for my case because i
should follow just one point. "code_base" return 0 if is in the element, 1
if it is on the border and 2 if it is out. "proc_base" the processor that
have the element ("el_base") in which the point is located. "x_base",
"y_base" and "z_base" are the coordinates of the input point. But is not
clear for me the means of "r_base", "dist2_base" and "h". Moreover I should
give in input the "h" value and I saw that "h" is the output
of findpts_setup function or intpts_setup if I use the routine defined in
postpro.f that wrap the findpts_setup routine. However in both cases it is
not clear for me what "h" represents.

Other question, are *_base values global variables or local? namely, does
each processor know that the investigated point is contained in the el_base
element?

Alessandro