[Nek5000-users] MPI_TAG_UB too small

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 3 07:04:14 CDT 2015

Dear Neks,

I'm having a problem running my simulation with thousands of processors. In my case, I have 6090000 elements and I ran the simulation with 8520 procs. However, the simulation aborted with the error message 'MPI_TAG_UB too small'.

I checked the code and found that if "nval.lt.(10000+max(lp,lelg))", the simulation would abort. But in the subroutine 'mpi_attr_get', ival is set to be 9999999. In this case, nval should be larger than 10000+max(lp,lelg). So, why did the simulation not run?

 Hope anyone can help me on this. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Tony