[Nek5000-users] 2D to 3D

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 24 09:59:48 CDT 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your fast response.

In the userdat2 subroutine I've included the same that it was written in
the post:

       parameter (l2d=lx1*ly1*lelx) ! Number of points in 2D field
       common /mystuff/ u2d(l2d),v2d(l2d)

       nelx=lelx
       nely=lely
       nelz=lelz

       if (nid.eq.0) then
          open(33,file='file2D.dat')
          do i=1,l2d
                read(33,*) u2d(i),v2d(i)
          enddo
          close(33)
       endif
       nbytes = 8*l2d
       call bcast(u2d,nbytes)
       call bcast(v2d,nbytes)

       call z_average_transpose(vx,u2d) ! distribute u2d to each plane vx
       call z_average_transpose(vy,v2d)

       call outpost(vx,vy,vz,pr,t,'   ')
       call exitti('Quit in usrdat2.$',nelgt)

In the SIZE file I've set lelx=number of elements in 2D file.

I've observed that the code crushes due to the z_average_transpose
subroutine... What's the problem?

I've also tried to read the 2D data file defining the variables in the
same way that the z_average_transpose subroutine. The code didn't crush,
but the results were wrong...

       real u2d(nx1,ny1,lelx,lely),v2d(nx1,ny1,lelx,lely)

       if (nid.eq.0) then
          open(33,file='file2D.dat')
        do e=1,nelt
           eg = lglel(e)
           call get_exyz(ex,ey,ez,eg,nelx,nely,nelz)
           do j=1,ny1
           do i=1,nx1
              do k=1,nz1
                 read(33,*) u2d(i,j,ex,ey), v2d(i,j,ex,ey)
              enddo
           enddo
           enddo
        enddo