[Nek5000-users] 2D to 3D

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 24 08:01:05 CDT 2014

Hi Nek's

Following this post:

http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2013-October/002333.html

I'm trying to extrude a 2D file to a 3D file.

First, I've run a 2D case. Then I've used n2to3 to generate the new 3D
.rea file, called: new3d.rea. I've launch a new simulation with
new3d.rea and everything works fine. However, when I include the
information about the 3D extrusion in the usrdat2 subroutine, I get the
following error message if I try to run the code. It seems something
related to the z_average_transpose subroutine. What is wrong? Thanks

  call usrdat
  done :: usrdat

  generate geometry data
  vol_t,vol_v:   1749.7930352474154        1749.7930352474154
  done :: generate geometry data

  call usrdat2

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   EXIT CODE: 8
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Floating point exception
(signal 8)

SL