[Nek5000-users] Pipe with expansion

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 15 05:14:21 CST 2014

Hi Kamal,

For the geometry you describe, I would apply mesh morphing
to a standard straight pipe.  You can create such a pipe
using a subset of the mkmesh script provided in the expansion
example.

If your transition region is conical, then I woud make
certain that the change in slope occurs at element boundaries,
i.e., as in the half cross-section depicted below:

Paul