[Nek5000-users] Pipe with expansion

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 15 03:48:49 CST 2014

Hi Paul,

I looked at the example and it looks very helpful, but for a sudden
expansion we have only two parts (i.e) the inlet pipe and the outlet
pipe. Whereas in a diverging pipe we have three section (i.e,) The inlet
pipe, Diverging section and the outlet pipe.

Is it possible for me to create a 2D diverging section using mesh
modification and revolve it around the centre axis to get a 3d diverging
pipe ?

or should I apply the mesh modification directly to the 3d sudden
expansion pipe using usrdat2() ?

Thanks,
Kamal