[Nek5000-users] Mesh Files

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 6 06:03:04 CDT 2014

Dear Nekz,

I am wondering whether there is any support for .msh or any of the other ANSYS compatible files?

As ANSYS have stopped supporting GAMBIT I can no longer create .cub files, thus gambit2nek is not viable.

I have seen in message titled "Convert Mesh to Moab" - Thu Aug 29 14:38:31 CDT 2013, our friend Amirezza has a method of converting .msh to .h5m.

If there were any further infomation on this or tips on how best to convert files to .h5m or .neu I would be most grateful!

On another note I feel the community would be better served with either a forum or contact details being left in the e-mails in the archives. This is as I sometimes see a post to which I may have a crud of advice to offer, but cannot leave a quick response. But this is just my humble opinion feel free to ignore.

Thanks in advance for any response, Friedrich.