[Nek5000-users] common variables

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 6 16:01:21 CDT 2014

I have a number of parameters, which I use in several subroutines in *usr files,
namely userchk, userbc and userf.
I am still not very familiar with code of nek5000 and fortan, so my question is
what is the best way to define only once the whole set of parameters, which would
be visible for all subroutines.

I saw here in that it is recommended to define local variables as common.
Is it better to define your own common block or to user preexisting in nek like
common /scrns/ ?
and in which subroutine it is better to initialize them?

Thank you in advance